When it comes to real estate options on Maui, we represent plenty of homes for sale in South Maui. From great places to purchase Wailea and Makena real estate to homes for sale in Maui Meadows, we have some pretty unique finds in this part of the island. That’s why we like to stay up to date with the latest in Maui real estate market trends. Read on to learn more about what’s going on in South Maui real estate.
In August of 2019, it seems as if this area is staying steady in terms of sales but not increasing. According to the Realtors Association of Maui, it appears as if a lack of affordable housing and the continuation of high housing prices are impacting the housing market.
Single-family Residential Home Sales
- Kihei real estate – 20 homes were sold compared to 11 last month.
- Real estate sales in Wailea and Makena – 5 houses sold compared to two sold in the previous period. The median sales price is up too from $3,097,500 to $9,037,736.
- Maui Meadows real estate – 2 houses sold, which is the same from last month.
South Maui Condo Sales
- Wailea and Makena – 7 sold compared to 11 last month. This number is substantially down from the same time last year when there were 19 sold.
- Condo sales are down in Maalaea real estate too. There was 1 condo sold in Maalaea for $599,000, which is down from the same time last year when there were 4 sold in this area.
- In Kihei there were 59 condos sold in August, down from last month when there were 78 sold but steady from the same time last year when there were 53 condos sold.
On the island overall, new mls property listings decreased by around 14 percent for single-family homes and by 21.4 percent for condominiums. Pending sales decreased by 3.3 percent for single-family houses but increased slightly by 0.8 percent for condominiums.
That’s an overview of the real estate market on Maui for the month of August. Keep checking back to our website for updates regarding the market on Maui, and contact us if you’re looking to buy a home or condo today. Have a great week and we hope to hear from you soon.